The Trade Compliance Analyst II is responsible for supporting the timely and compliant importation of goods into and the exportation of goods from the United States and Canada. This position works with customs brokers, manufacturing facilities, sourcing vendors and internal departments to ensure the accuracy of invoices, values and other data elements declared upon entry into the U.S. and Canada.
The Trade Compliance Analyst II is responsible for the company’s Restricted Party Screening and Conflict Minerals programs. Additionally, the Analyst II is responsible for auditing and overseeing AES filings and has responsibility to troubleshoot and resolve process and / or documentation issues and implement long term corrective actions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or similar field, or equivalent work experience
• Firm knowledge and understanding of the United States and Canada Tariff Schedule
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required
• Knowledge of common Free Trade Agreements and their rules of origin preferred.
• Ability to quickly analyze, compare and interpret information and make sound and accurate conclusions
• Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues and constraints
• Process improvement skills
• 2+ years of experience in international trade, inclusive of Customs brokerage and / or Customs compliance functions.
• Experience with classifying a wide variety of goods (i.e., apparel, hard goods).
• Experience dealing with brokers/forwarders/carriers in the customs clearance of goods.
• Working knowledge of the ACE Portal, in particularly AES filing and running ACE reports
Software Powered by iCIMS