The Category Manager works directly with the Walmart merchant team to provide fact-based category recommendations to optimize Walmart modular space and category growth. This position utilizes JDA space planning software, Retail Link and productivity analyses for modular development. The Category Manager is responsible for providing the Walmart merchant team with detailed weekly POS results, modular performance, and market trend insights on an ongoing basis. Further, this position is responsible for working with the NPD team and the NPD software to report consumer insights, highlighting areas of opportunity for growth and revision.
• University degree / College diploma in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Exceptional analytical skills; high attention to detail; confidentiality adherence a must.
• Knowledge and understanding of Walmart Category Management processes.
• Adaptable and customer focused.
• Experience working with databases – Retail Link is a must.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Space Management software.
• 2+ years of Category Management experience
• Quantitative analysis and database experience required; use of consumer data (NPD preferred).
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation and holidays.
We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and empowered to contribute equally. We want to foster a culture of belonging for all employees, and we are focused on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent. We believe our differences make us stronger, and for this reason, we are committed to diversity and inclusion practices in our organization
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Software Powered by iCIMS