The Talent Systems Administrator provides technical leadership in support of Fruit of the Loom’s talent management platform(s) by planning, implementing and delivering global talent management technology solutions to the business. This role serves as a primary system administrator and consults with business leaders to identify requirements and coordinate with HR and IT teams to fulfill those requirements. The Talent Systems Administrator also is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Fruit of the Loom’s talent technology solutions by providing support to global end users and administrators, supporting and enhancing the governance model and established SOPs, configuring new and existing functionality and managing global security roles.
• Responsible for system configuration, testing and maintenance, including, but not limited to: performance management, learning management, competency assessment, succession planning, custom pages, reporting and interfaces with other internal or external systems or vendors.
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures to ensure the security and integrity of systems and networks.
• Act as an internal consultant by analyzing data and recommending solutions to optimize the talent management platform and meet organizational objectives.
• Create and maintain training resources to educate and support global users on how to successfully utilize the talent management platform.
• Conduct training for end users and administrators.
• Manage the quarterly product release process by understanding any changes to the platform as part of the release cycle, making recommendations for adoption/implementation, administering any changes and communicating to key organizational stakeholders.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical and process related challenges.
• Liaise with talent management process owners to ensure process requirements are translated into optimal technical solutions.
Vendor Relationship Management
• Serve as a primary organizational contact with vendors to maintain an effective day-to-day relationship and resolve technical challenges that may arise.
Talent Management Systems Measurement and Innovation
• Responsible for regular reporting on established talent management system and process metrics.
• Participate in vendor-sponsored events (regional user group meetings, webinars, online learning, etc.) to stay abreast of current industry trends, benchmark FOTL’s utilization, learn new ideas, and share ideas with others.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience required.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of learning and development theories, models and lifecycle
• Excellent computer/application skills, with working knowledge of HR cloud-based applications.
• Strong analytical and assessment skills; ability to interpret large amounts of data and information to create and execute solutions
• Ability to manage complex, global talent management system projects
• CPLP or other relevant industry certification preferred
2+ years of experience as an administrator for a cloud-based HR application, preferably Cornerstone OnDemand
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401k.
We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and empowered to contribute equally. We want to foster a culture of belonging for all employees, and we are focused on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent. We believe our differences make us stronger, and for this reason, we are committed to diversity and inclusion practices in our organization
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity