This position loads, unloads and moves materials within or near plant, yard or work site by hand, pallet jack, or forklift. Operates tractor and yard dog to transport containers and materials between buildings and will drive offsite for fuel, maintenance, etc. as needed. May complete other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Load, unload and transport materials or containers within or near plant, yard, or work site.
• Move materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
• Stack or assemble materials into bundles and band together.
• Assemble crates to contain products.
• Load materials and install strapping, bracing, and padding to prevent damage in transit.
• Use an electric hoist to load or move materials.
• Transport product to designated areas with industrial truck.
Transport products and raw materials between buildings with tractor and yard dog.
Enter daily receipts into inventory system to maintain accurate inventory records. Record finished product into and out of permanent store locations.
Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or mark information on cases, bales or other containers.
Make simple adjustments or repairs to product and equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• CDL license required
• Ability to operate powered industrial truck
• Solid computer skills; ability to utilize warehouse inventory system
• Basic math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
• Ability to read and understand various shipping and receiving documents
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.