The Technical Designer - Bra facilitates the transition of bra styles from design concept and first prototype to final fit approval and ensures physical and functional fit are appropriately
executed to achieve design intent. Collaborates with the Senior Technical Designer to lead fit
sessions and is responsible for creating prototype patterns and base size grading. Proactively
identifies fabric, pad, production, quality and timing challenges and provides recommendations to the Senior Technical Designer to resolve. Effectively communicates status, next steps and recommendations to Creative Designers, Product Development partners and external vendors.
Execute the Fit Approval Process
• Facilitate or lead fit sessions with live models to evaluate physical fit,
body size and garment appearance.
• Analyze fit session results and identify product and fit enhancements,
including pattern fit corrections and fabric and component changes.
• Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product
• Collaborate with Creative Design to ensure execution of intended fit
• Timely and effectively communicate fit status to the Creative Design
and Product Development teams to drive calendar adherence.
Effectively communicate technical development information and fit
intent to vendors for production. Proactively anticipate timing,
production, quality and fit issues and provide recommendations and
solutions to ensure brand integrity. Engage supervisor when issues arise.
Participate in annual competitive assessments to obtain key bra category
insights. Develop recommendations on fit, sizing, construction and
function to drive product improvements for best in class fit, comfort and
Facilitate the internal product fit and comfort evaluation process.
Responsible for recommending questions, distributing garments,
collecting feedback and recommending fit and construction changes prior
Manage workload for assigned styles to include product storage
management, product work area maintenance, project and status
tracking, and reporting.
Bachelors or Associate degree in Design or similar field
• Strong knowledgeable of bra fit, pad development and pattern making, including grading
and construction manufacturing methods
• Proactive troubleshooter and problem solver
• Proven track record of driving results through self and others
• Superior organizational and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and persuasive skills
• Excellent computer skills – PLM, Illustrator and Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to travel domestically
5+ years of experience in bra technical design
We offer competitive pay & benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, & disability insurance, vacation, holidays and 401k.
We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone is treated with respect and empowered to contribute equally. We want to foster a culture of belonging for all employees, and we are focused on attracting, retaining, and developing diverse talent. We believe our differences make us stronger, and for this reason, we are committed to diversity and inclusion practices in our organization
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protect veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity